- About Us
- Student/Family Life
Monarch Academy Public Charter School is a Baltimore City Charter School: a tuition-free, publicly funded charter school open to all students in Baltimore City.
Monarch Academy Baltimore campus will admit students from grades kindergarten to sixth grade for the in 2013-2014 school year. We will continue to grow to serve students in kindergarten through eighth grade.
Monarch Academy opened in August 2011 at 6802 McClean Boulevard between Perring Parkway and Northern Parkway in Northeast Baltimore.It has moved to it's perminate location at 2525 Kirk Ave for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Baltimore campus admitted students from grades kindergarten to sixth grade this year. Monarch Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or familiar status in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.
Our mission is to provide a school culture that produces students who think critically, problem solve creatively, become self-disciplined, know how to learn, and who understand that the goal of life is to serve a cause larger than one’s self.
Why Monarch Academy?
A positive school climate results from a culturally relevant classroom that fosters:
- Self motivation in students
- A caring, committed faculty, who connect instruction to everyday life situations
- An emphasis on norms not rules
- An enriched physical environment aligned with the schools mission, vision and values
- Integration of the arts and character education in lesson planning
- A technologically up-to-date classroom environment
- Before- and after-school program to provide time for enrichment activities, such as clubs and sports and additional academic support if needed (Please note that transportation to and from the before- and after-school program is not provided by Monarch Academy Baltimore and is the responsibility of the parent.)
Monarch Academy’s positive school culture results from an innovative school management model, Transformation Education (TranZed). TranZed creates a brain-compatible organizational culture that teaches the key values, skills and beliefs for students to have a successful life: caring, contribution, commitment, vision, courage and will. The TranZed philosophy focuses on the thinking and behavior of its faculty as a primary determinant of student success. If a student struggles to learn by a particular teaching method, our faculty will change their behavior and methods to better engage and teach the student.
Monarch Academy also is committed to academic excellence. Our instructional approach results from using six evidence-based practices. Learn more.